Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finding the design

It took a while to figure out what arcade cabinet I wanted. I looked on Craigslist and eBay every day, hoping to find a local seller with a cheap cabinet. Nothing good showed up. I was leaning towards building it myself anyway. At work I heard that there were some games upstairs, so I went to take a look. There were a bunch of ugly ass cabinets and then the most perfect cabinet I have seen - the Q*bert cabinet. I didn't know what I was looking for until I found it. The size is good - it's small and won't take up much room at home. The colors and graphics are good. Plus Q*bert isn't too bad of a game.
I knew that I wanted that cabinet and I wanted to build it myself. Screw trying to fix up someone else's crappy cabinet. It was time to get measurements and start designing.